How to Choose the Right Plastic ID Card Printer for Your Office Needs
Plastic ID Cards Printer
Plastic ID Card Printers
In today's highly secure society, issuing plastic ID cards is commonly used for employee identification, access rights, and tracking data. For businesses and organizations of any size, a plastic ID card printer can provide both convenience and reliability in your card printing operations.
Plastic ID card printers are usually desktop or wall-mounted. They are used to quickly and easily create custom printed plastic ID cards. The printer is capable of printing the card content (name, ID, access rights, etc.), the card design (colors, logos, artwork) and the card stock. In most cases, the cards can also be personalized by custom-printing names, signatures, photos, etc.
Plastic Card Printers
Plastic ID card printers are typically thermal printers, using a combination of heat and pressure to create a durable, long-lasting plastic card. They come with an easy-to-use LCD screen and a variety of features, such as:
- Ability to print single or double-sided cards
- Barcode compatibility
- RFID (radio-frequency identification) card options
- Network connectivity
- Ability to create magnetic stripe cards
- Optional lamination for added durability
Having a plastic ID card printer can provide numerous benefits to organizations of any size, including:
- Time savings. ID cards can be printed quickly and easily, with no need for manual handwriting or other manual processes.
- Saved labor costs. Plastic ID card printers can save organizations money by eliminating the need for additional staff to produce ID cards.
- Improved security. With the ability to print individual, custom ID cards, organizations can further strengthen their employee and visitor security.
- Enhanced corporate identity. ID cards can be customized to match the company logo and corporate branding.
- Greater convenience. With a plastic ID card printer, IDs can be quickly and easily printed without the need for outsourcing.
Overall, plastic ID card printers provide several advantages, with some potential drawbacks. Here are a few of the pros and cons associated with having a plastic ID card printer:
- Speed and convenience. Plastics ID card printers allow for custom cards to be printed quickly and easily with no need for outsourcing.
- Higher security. Having the ability to create individual, custom-printed ID cards improves security measures.
- Greater accuracy. Plastic ID card printers can eliminate manual handwriting errors, or even the need for third-party software.
- Better durability. Some printers offer an optional lamination for added card durability.
- Cost. Plastic ID card printers can be more costly than manual processes.
- Maintenance. The printers require regular maintenance to ensure they are working properly.
- Ease of use. Plastic ID card printers require some technical knowledge and may take time to learn how to use properly.
Many businesses and organizations use plastic ID card printers, with great success. Here are a few examples:
ABC Corp., a 500-employee manufacturing firm, implemented a plastic ID card printing system to ensure secure access for all employees. The new system allowed them to easily distribute and manage access rights throughout the company. The cards are printed with the employee's name, photo, and unique identification number.
XYZ Company, a 200-employee IT services firm, implemented a plastic ID card printing system to quickly and easily generate physical access cards for both employees and visitors. The cards contain an RFID tag with the individual's information, along with a barcode that can be scanned to allow entry into the facility.
123 Ltd., a 500-employee consulting firm, implemented a plastic ID card printing system to quickly and easily generate access cards for both employees and visitors. The cards are color-coded by division so that access can easily be determined at a glance. The cards also contain the employee's photo, name, and other relevant information.
Card Printer Accessories
Card printer accessories can further extend the capabilities of your plastic ID card printing system. Here are some of the most common accessories that come with plastic ID card printers:
Card holders are used to securely store and protect the printed plastic ID cards. They come in a variety of styles, including plastic, metal, and leather. They are typically secure and can be personalized with your organization's logo and branding.
Magnetic Stripe Cards
Magnetic stripe cards are a secure and convenient way to store and manage data for employee identification and access. They are commonly used for time tracking, access control, and other applications. They can also be printed with the organization's logo and branding.
Barcode readers are used to quickly and easily scan plastic ID cards. They allow for accurate scanning and fast entry into secure access areas. They can also be used to securely store and manage employee information.
Having a plastic ID card printer is an excellent way to quickly and easily create custom printed ID cards. The printer provides a variety of features and benefits, including speed and convenience, higher security, and greater accuracy. In addition, with the use of card printer accessories such as card holders, magnetic stripe cards, and barcode readers, organizations can further extend the capabilities of their printing system and ensure greater security for their employees and visitors.