Adding Dimension to Projects: Reimagining Designs with Print on Plastic
Print On Plastic
Print On Plastic An Overview of Plastic Card Printers
Printing onto plastic surfaces can provide you with higher quality results as opposed to paper prints. This is why using a plastic card printer can be an essential addition to businesses looking to produce professional-looking plastic cards. Whether they're for employee identification, customer loyalty programs, or other types of cards, plastic card printers provide a cost-effective and efficient way to quickly and accurately print on plastic.
Introduction to Plastic Card Printers
Printing onto plastic cards is much more of a challenge than printing onto paper. This is because plastic material is difficult to print on and the results require a certain amount of skill and experience. To accomplish this task, plastic card printers use digital printing technology that is specifically designed to print onto plastic surfaces. Using a digital printing process enables them to produce high-quality prints with sharper, more vibrant colors that will last much longer than paper prints.
Plastic card printers come in a variety of models and types. Some are designed specifically for printing on plastic cards, while others are designed to also be able to print on paper and other materials. The type of printer you choose should depend on the types of plastic cards you want to print and the results you are looking for.
What You Can Print With Plastic Card Printers
Using a plastic card printer, you can print a wide variety of plastic cards. Most models are capable of printing on plastic cards up to 0.003 thick, although some models are capable of printing thicker cards as well. Depending on the model you purchase, you'll also be able to print on both magnetic and smart card technologies. Plastic card printers can also be used to print ID cards, access cards, loyalty cards, gift cards, and many other types of cards.
Plastic Card Printer Accessories
In addition to the printer itself, there are a variety of accessories and supplies specifically designed for plastic card printing. This includes special paper, ribbons, inks, and other consumables. It's important to use the correct type of supplies for your printer in order to achieve the best results. If you're unsure what type of accessories your printer requires, consult with the manufacturer before making any purchasing decisions.
Features and Benefits
Plastic card printers can be a great addition to any business that needs to produce professional-looking cards on a regular basis. There are a number of features and benefits to these printers, including:
- Cost-effective Plastic card printers are an affordable way to print on plastic cards quickly and accurately.
- Fast printing Most models are capable of printing at speeds up to 300 cards per hour, allowing you to easily complete large batches.
- High-quality results Using a digital printing process enables plastic card printers to produce higher quality prints with sharp, vibrant colors that last.
- Customizable options Many plastic card printers come with options for customizing card layouts, fonts, logos, and other elements.
Chase Bank successfully implemented a plastic card printing system into their existing operations. By using an industrial-grade plastic card printer, the bank was able to print high-quality, secure cards for their customers quickly and cost-effectively.
MGM Grand Las Vegas
The MGM Grand Las Vegas needed to secure their premises with a reliable access control system for their guests. To accomplish this, the hotel purchased a plastic card printer and began printing plastic access cards using their logo and other custom design elements. The printed cards were then used to grant guests access to restricted areas in the hotel.
Q: Can I print on plastic cards?
A: Yes, you can print on plastic cards using a plastic card printer. These printers are specifically designed to print on plastic surfaces, and they can produce high-quality results.
Q: How much does a plastic card printer cost?
A: The cost of a plastic card printer can vary depending on the type and features. Generally, you can expect to pay between $300 and $2,000 or more for an industrial-grade plastic card printer.
Mistakes People Make When Purchasing Plastic Card Printers
When purchasing a plastic card printer, it's important to make sure you get the right model for your needs. Here are some common mistakes people make when purchasing plastic card printers:
- Not researching the different models available - There are a wide variety of models, each with different features. It's important to research different printer models to find the one that is best suited to your requirements.
- Buying a low-quality model - Inexpensive plastic card printers may save you money in the short-term, but they won't produce the same quality results as an industrial-grade model.
- Forgetting to purchase accessories and supplies - Plastic card printers require specialized accessories and supplies to achieve high-quality results. Make sure to purchase the necessary accessories and supplies before you begin.
Best Practices For Using Plastic Card Printers
To ensure that you get the best results from your plastic card printer, it's important to follow certain best practices. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Ensure that the card stock and printer consumables you are using are suitable for your printer.
- Maintain your printer by regularly cleaning and performing any necessary maintenance.
- Use the correct resolution and file format for the type of cards you are printing.
- Always follow the manufacturer's instructions when using your printer.
Printing onto plastic cards can be difficult and time-consuming. However, with the right plastic card printer, you can quickly and easily produce high-quality plastic cards with sharp, vibrant colors. By following the above tips, you can ensure that you get the best results out of your printer and make the most of your plastic card printing projects.